Add us to your Safe Senders List
These days email filters are increasingly focusing on controlling “grey mail” or commercial mail and so more and more emails are being blocked or filtered into junk/spam folders. As a result of these changes you may be unable to read certain email communications even if you are happy to receive them or have subscribed to a mailing list.
To avoid these situations, please add:
- Thinking Woman’s Guide to Breast Cancer <email@example.com> to your Address Book or Contacts to continue receiving emails in your inbox
- firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders List. We’ve put together a list of the most commonly used email programs with easy to follow instructions on how to add email addresses to your Safe Senders List
What is an Email Safe Senders List?
Each email program features spam filters which automatically recognize white-listed and blacklisted email addresses. White-listed addresses are deemed acceptable and mail from these addresses is usually delivered to the inbox without additional filtering. Blacklisted addresses are senders from which you do not wish to receive email. The Safe Senders List, also commonly referred to as a whitelist, is a list of all email addresses you would like to receive email from.
Your Safe Senders List is managed by you within your email program and can be easily updated based on your preferences. By default, email messages that you add to your own personal address book are considered safe and will not be re-routed to your junk email folder.
How to Add an Email Address to your Safe Senders List
- Click “Mail Menu” and select “Address Book.”
- Wait for the “Address Book” window to pop up and then click the “Add” button.
- Wait for the “Address Card for New Contact” window to load. Paste “email@example.com” into the “Other E-mail” field.
- Make our “from” address the “Primary E-mail” address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the “Save” button.
Missing an e-mail? Check if our e-mail is in your “AOL Spam Folder.” If it is, please open the e-mail and then click the “This Is Not Spam” button. Next, please add “firstname.lastname@example.org)” to your address book as described above.
- Switch to Contacts by clicking the small drop down arrow next to ‘Gmail’ (on the left near the top) and choosing Contacts
- In contacts, click the red ‘Add new Contact’ icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Type in ‘Thinking Woman’s Guide to Breast Cancer’ and click Create
- In the Edit Contact window, click ‘Add an email’
- Click the drop down arrow that appears and choose ‘Other’
- Click back on Add an email and type in email@example.com
- Click Save
- Click anywhere away from the Edit Contact window to hide it
Missing an e-mail? Check if our e-mail is in the “Spam” folder. If it is, click “Spam” along the left side of any Gmail page. Next, check to see if any twgbreastcancer.com addresses are listed among the messages in this folder. Check the box next to our email addresses. Click the “Not Spam” button along the top.
- Open the email.
- Right-click our email address.
- Click Add to contacts in the short-cut menu.
- Click Save and Close.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 and later (on your PC)
- On the “Home” tab, click “Junk,” and then click “Junk E-mail Options”.
- On the “SafeSenders” tab, click “Add”.
- In the “Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list” field, enter “twgbreastcancer.com”.
- Click “OK”.
Microsoft Outlook 2003-2007 (on your PC)
- On the “Tools” menu, click “Options”.
- On the “Preferences” tab, click “Junk E-mail”.
- On the “Safe Senders” tab, click “Add”.
- In the “Add Address” field, enter “twgbreastcancer.com”.
- Click “OK”.
Hotmail, Live or Outlook via the browser
- Open your mailbox and click the settings gear (upper right hand corner).
- Choose “Options” .
- Click the “Safe and blocked senders” link (near top of page, left column).
- Click “Safe senders”.
- Copy and paste “twgbreastcancer.com” into the dialog box titled “Sender or domain to mark as safe:”.
- Click the “Add to list >>” button next to the dialog box.
Missing an e-mail? Check if our e-mail is in your “Junk E-mail Folder.” If it is, open the e-mail and click the “Not Junk” button. Next, check to see if our e-mail address is in your “Blocked Senders” list. If you see a message from twgbreastcancer.com on this list, select it and click the “Remove” button.
You must set up a filter to redirect our e-mails into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on “Mail Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters.
- Click the “Add” link on the filters page.
- Update the “From Header” rule with the following two pieces of information: “contains” and “twgbreastcancer.com”.
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull-down menu and select “Inbox.”
- Pick the “Add Filter” button.
Missing an e-mail? Check if our e-mail is in your Yahoo! “Bulk Folder”. If it is, please open the e-mail and click the “Not Spam” button. Next, check to see if the address the e-mail was sent from is in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If you see “twgbreastcancer.com” on this list, select it and click the “Remove Block” button. Finally, please set up a filter as outlined above.